Anything Goes features fast-paced, over-the-top works from any and all disciplines by Houston’s best performance artists will close out the festival on September 10, 2017 at 8pm at Matchbox Two! This decidedly chaotic event includes some of Houston’s best performance artists, with all shows at ten minutes or less.
Submissions Due: Thursday, June 15, 2017
Notification of Acceptance: Saturday, July 1, 2017
Houston Fringe Festival: September 6 – 10, 2017
Anything Goes Performance: September 10, 2017
Types of Shows
- Virtually any type of theater, dance, film, and musical performance is welcome to apply. All shows must be 10 minutes or less in length.
Important Rules for Applicants
- The $25 application fee can be paid at https://freneticore.secure.force.com/ticket.
- A company or artist may submit more than one application. The application fee must accompany each application.
- If your application is incomplete, it will not be adjudicated. Please submit only complete applications. Additional support materials may not be added to your application after the deadline.
- You will be sent an email notification stating that your application has been received.
- The Anything Goes performance will take place at Matchbox Two, 3400 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77002.
- You will have a tech/dress rehearsal the morning of September 10. You are expected to provide costumes and props along with any necessary crew to set and strike.
- You will be sharing a light plot and little storage space with other shows.
What happens if I get in?
- If your show is accepted to the festival, you will present your piece September 10, 2017, at Matchbox Two. This is important: You must hire your own cast, secure your own rights, pay all expenses (props, costumes, travel, special equipment etc.) and run your own rehearsals, etc.
- You will be required to submit all publicity documentation requested by the festival by the due dates given.
- The Fringe provides a venue equipped with basic sound and lighting and a technician. You do not have to pay for the venue.
- You will be included in Fringe promotions, including the festival website and all printed media publicity.
What are my costs?
- You pay the $25 application fee, and all of your production and travel costs (props, costumes, performers’ pay, gas, etc.).