Anything Goes features fast-paced, over-the-top works from any and all disciplines by Houston’s best performance artists will close out the festival on August 28, 2016 at 8pm at Frenetic Theater. This decidedly chaotic event includes some of Houston’s best performance artists, with all shows at ten minutes or less.
Submissions Due: Friday, June 17, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: Friday, July 8, 2015
Houston Fringe Festival: August 24-28, 2016
Anything Goes Performance: August 28, 2016
Types of Shows
- Virtually any type of theater, dance, film, and musical performance is welcome to apply. All shows must be 10 minutes or less in length.
- A selection committee will choose performances based on several criteria, the most important being quality of work (this includes both the content of your production and your ability to demonstrate that you can produce the show that you are proposing) and Fringe factor. The selection committee will also try to ensure a cross-section of shows. The results will be emailed no later than Friday, July 10, 2015.
- Because there are likely to be more applicants than performance spots, we won’t be able to provide a spot for every group that applies. Please be aware that participation is highly competitive and we encourage all applicants to keep trying.
Important Rules for Applicants
- The $25 application fee can be paid at https://freneticore.secure.force.com/ticket.
- A company or artist may submit more than one application. The application fee must accompany each application.
- If your application is incomplete, it will not be adjudicated. Please submit only complete applications. Additional support materials may not be added to your application after the deadline.
- You will be sent an email notification stating that your application has been received.
- The ‘Anything Goes’ performance will take place at Frenetic Theater, 5102 Navigation Blvd, Houston, TX, 77011.
- The theater will have basic lighting and sound and an experienced lighting/sound technician provided to performance groups. You will have a tech/dress rehearsal on August 27 or 28. You are expected to provide costumes and props along with any necessary crew to set and strike.
- You will be sharing a light plot and little storage space with other shows.
What happens if I get in?
- If your show is accepted to the festival, you will present your piece August 28, 2016, at Frenetic Theater. This is important: You must hire your own cast, secure your own rights, pay all expenses (props, costumes, travel, special equipment etc.) and run your own rehearsals, etc.
- You will be required to submit all publicity documentation requested by the festival by the due dates given.
- The Fringe provides a venue equipped with basic sound and lighting and a technician. You do not have to pay for the venue.
- You will be included in Fringe promotions, including the festival website and all printed media publicity.
What are my costs?
- You pay the $25 application fee, and all of your production and travel costs (props, costumes, performers’ pay, gas, etc.).